Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-05-01, 07:10 AM   #26
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Mike's car is looking pretty good... it's YELLOW!!! Is it fast yet?

I liked the in-car footage so much, i built a camera mount that attaches to the passenger head rest to get a better angle on the driving. It's like WRC footage!
It's pretty damn fast when it's running... most of the other Prepared-class cars are fairly reliable, but Mike's done most of the work on that car himself so he's still working out the bugs. He's beaten the 36CP car with his yellow car this year though 3 out of 4 rounds, and the 36 is a nationals winner. This weekend he kept having carburetor problems and alternator problems... the alternator wasn't charging at all, so when the car was running it was just running off the battery. The starter wouldn't crank the car either, so every time they shut the car off 3 or 4 of us had to push start it off the grid to get it fired again.