Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-03-26, 12:13 AM   #1
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon
Default A trip to Lithia - By Arthur Sturgis

Tomorrow I drop off the car at Lithia to see if they can fix the rear-diff noise without attempting to rip me off. Plus my left side running board thingy is loose, so that needs to be tightened.

Everyone wish me luck and cross your fingers and hope that Lithia doesn't fuck anything up.
Old 2003-03-26, 08:54 AM   #2
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Good luck!

Remember when I mentioned they replaced my clutch? I think my alignment is messed up now, the steering wheel isn't pointed straight anymore, to drive in a straight line. I'm going to have to call them about that & see what they say.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-26, 09:37 AM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

Thanks. I dropped my car off this morning and did a ride along with one of the mechanics. He heard the noise clearly, and said he was going to call the subaru tech line and see what he needed to do.

Should have my car back by 5 today unless they need to keep it longer to fix the noise.
Old 2003-03-26, 05:32 PM   #4
ArthurS
EJ207

So.....Lithia finally admits that rear-diff is a warrenty issue. They ordered the new rear-diff and a plastic clip for my side skirt that is loose.

Finally, my car may be problem free! (Once I get a alignment).
Old 2003-04-07, 01:18 PM   #5
ArthurS
EJ207

I'm CURED!!!

Lithia actually did a good and quick job on fixing my car. I have a brand spanking new rear-diff and a new clip to hold the side skirt.

So next auto-x Ill run (ill be embarresed also).
Old 2003-04-07, 01:38 PM   #6
ZER026D
EJ251

Car: 01 is300 / 87 rx4
Class: ?

drive fast take chances

Cant do much worse than I did even stockers where faster then me shity ass tires.
ZER026D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-04-07, 01:40 PM   #7
ArthurS
EJ207

I imagine I could do worse. I am normally a very catious driver, so its going to be weird driving like that on purpose. We will see.

Scott, where did you buy your helmet?
Old 2003-04-07, 02:04 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Remember, drive slow to go fast! Take a few laps at an easy pace, making sure to hit all your marks, and drive a clean, quiet (as in tire squeel) line. Chances are it'll be faster than going balls to the wall. I know my two fastest laps were one where I purposely relaxed and tried to make sure I slowed down a lot for the tight corners.

I got my helmet here: http://www.bellmotorsports.com/

It's the Formula 1 model, and it's pretty light since it's a composite material:

Quote:
Formula 1 (Unvented)
Lightweight COMPO TECH Composite Shell; Plush fitting Removable Nomex Interior; D-Ring Fastener; Sizes: X-Small through XX-Large; Meets or Exceeds Snell SA Standards; Available in White Only
If you only plan on Auto-X, you might be able to save some money with an open-faced helmet, it'll also be more comfortable on hot days, and give you more visibility. I got the F1 in case I ever drive a CAM car again or do Skip Barber... where the full coverage is safer and keeps the wind outta your eyes.
Old 2003-04-07, 02:29 PM   #9
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Hehehe... just wear some goggles and wrap a scarf around your mouth to keep the bugs outta your teeth like the old F1 drivers used to do. :shock:
Old 2003-04-07, 02:37 PM   #10
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Hehehe... just wear some goggles and wrap a scarf around your mouth to keep the bugs outta your teeth like the old F1 drivers used to do. :shock:
I'm sure the fellas at Skip Barber would love that.

Art: the Bieffe Jet Auto looks like a sweet Auto-X helmet. And it's like $250 instead of $330. (Man, the prices have gone up, my F-1 was only $280 1.5 years ago)

Quote:
F-1, SA2000, lightweight composition, white only, (non-removable interior) 329.95 / 296.45 (dealer price)
JET, SA2000, lightweight composition, white only, open face w/visor 249.95 / 224.45 (dealer price)
Actually, you might be able to get the "dealer price"... I think that's what Austin and I got somehow...

Either way, I'd go w/ a Bieffe, since they're composites for about the same price as other guy's (like Bell) fiberglass helmets.
Old 2003-04-07, 03:45 PM   #11
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurS
I have a brand spanking new rear-diff and a new clip to hold the side skirt. ....
Great news!

Thanks also for mentioning the side skirt clip thing. I wonder how many cars have this problem.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-04-07, 03:49 PM   #12
ArthurS
EJ207

I am not sure. Just a small little clip that Subaru says breaks really easily. Kinda like those fender clips that snap so easy.

I can't believe my car! It sounds so different without a loud-ass whirring noise in the background.
Old 2003-04-07, 03:54 PM   #13
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurS
I am not sure. Just a small little clip that Subaru says breaks really easily. Kinda like those fender clips that snap so easy.

I can't believe my car! It sounds so different without a loud-ass whirring noise in the background.
Time to get an exhaust... no fair having a wrx w/o a loud ass whirring noise in the background.
Old 2003-04-07, 04:30 PM   #14
ArthurS
EJ207

True. Waiting a few months till Cobb comes out with their turbo-back.